Tim Hightower, Chris Cooley put on IR
Cooley's season comes to an end because of a balky left knee and a broken left index finger. He had knee surgery at the end of last season and never fully recovered, then hurt his finger in the loss to Philadelphia on Oct. 16. He had his knee re-examined in the wake of the finger surgery to determine whether he should return this season.
Cooley caught eight passes for 65 yards, by far his worst season. Fred Davis has picked up the slack and become the Redskins' top passing game threat.
Hightower tore the ACL in his left knee in Sunday's loss to Carolina. His season ends with 321 yards on 84 carries.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL mulls fine for Lynch's hat, sources say
- Lynch to media: 'You know why I'm here'
- Brady has cold, says 'not worried about it'
- Pats' Wilfork: Belichick has 'soft heart' now
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 8 PREVIEW
HOT READ: Cam Newton
HOT BUTTON: Most underrated RB?
JOHN CLAYTON/ADAM SCHEFTER
MORE COMMENTARY/BLOG POSTS
MNF: Chargers at Chiefs, 8:30 ET
- Nike Men's Alternate Limited Jersey Washington Redskins Brian Orakpo #98