Brian Robison fined $20K for groin kick
Robison received word of the fine Wednesday. He apologized to Lang, the league and the Vikings via Twitter on Sunday evening after he kicked Lang in the groin during a field goal try in the second quarter of a 33-27 loss to the Packers.
Lang replied on Twitter that he accepted Robison's apology and did not consider him a dirty player.
Robison says he got caught up in the heat of the moment when he kicked Lang, who had dumped him on to his back during Mason Crosby's field goal attempt. Robison says he regrets it and will make sure it doesn't happen again.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 8 PREVIEW
HOT READ: Cam Newton
HOT BUTTON: Most underrated RB?
JOHN CLAYTON/ADAM SCHEFTER
MORE COMMENTARY/BLOG POSTS
MNF: Chargers at Chiefs, 8:30 ET
- Nike Women's Minnesota Vikings Upkilter Purple Mid-v T-shirt