Al Davis died of heart failure
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The cause of former Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis' death has been determined to have been heart failure.
The death certificate issued by Alameda County says Davis died at age 82 at 2:45 a.m. on Oct. 8 from an abnormal heart rhythm, congestive heart failure and a heart muscle disease.
He died at the Oakland Airport Hilton, where he lived during much of the football season.
According to the certificate, Davis also had a form of skin cancer and had undergone throat surgery three days before his death. He also underwent heart surgery in 1996.
The details of the death certificate were first reported by TMZ.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers has idea of status, but not saying
- Sources: Welker not expected back vs. Texans
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
RAIDERS OWNER AL DAVIS: 1929-2011
- NFL Team Apparel Youth Oakland Raiders Line Breaker Performance Hoodie