Lions' Matthew Stafford starts
Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford started Sunday in Denver despite a nagging ankle injury that could limit his mobility.
Stafford, who threw a touchdown pass to cap the Lions' first drive, had limped off the field in last Sunday's loss to Atlanta. He was limited in practice Wednesday and Thursday, then went through a full practice Friday.
Stafford was listed as questionable coming into the game.
Pass-rusher Elvis Dumervil played despite missing most of the week with an ankle injury.
The Lions won 45-10.
Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks to host Packers in season opener
- Giants-Lions, Chargers-Cards to open MNF
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
- Woodley: Raiders 'definitely' a playoff team
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 8 COVERAGE
MNF: Chiefs 23, Chargers 20 OT
- Fathead Matthew Stafford Junior Wall Graphic