Panthers release LB Lawrence Wilson
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers practice squad linebacker Lawrence Wilson has been released from the team after being cited for speeding and marijuana possession during Carolina's bye week.
The team also added rookie cornerback Brandon Hogan to the 53-man roster from the physically unable to perform list Tuesday and signed rookie defensive end Thomas Keiser. To make room on the roster, the Panthers placed linebacker Thomas Williams on injured reserve because of a neck injury and released veteran defensive tackle Ronald Fields.
As for Wilson's release, general manager Marty Hurney said, "It's clear how we feel about the behavior and the light it sheds on the organization."
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Super costly: Tickets may hit all-time high
- Sources: Pats victim of late-night fire alarms
- Super Bowl prop bettors favor safeties, OT
- Haden: Browns don't think Manziel 'a joke'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 10 PREVIEW
HOT READ: Jim Harbaugh
MNF: Vikings at Packers, 8:30 ET
JOHN CLAYTON/ADAM SCHEFTER
MORE COMMENTARY/BLOG POSTS
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Carolina Panthers Kelvin Benjamin #13