Panthers release LB Lawrence Wilson
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers practice squad linebacker Lawrence Wilson has been released from the team after being cited for speeding and marijuana possession during Carolina's bye week.
The team also added rookie cornerback Brandon Hogan to the 53-man roster from the physically unable to perform list Tuesday and signed rookie defensive end Thomas Keiser. To make room on the roster, the Panthers placed linebacker Thomas Williams on injured reserve because of a neck injury and released veteran defensive tackle Ronald Fields.
As for Wilson's release, general manager Marty Hurney said, "It's clear how we feel about the behavior and the light it sheds on the organization."
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Rodgers has idea of status, but not saying
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 10 PREVIEW
HOT READ: Jim Harbaugh
MNF: Vikings at Packers, 8:30 ET
JOHN CLAYTON/ADAM SCHEFTER
MORE COMMENTARY/BLOG POSTS
- Antigua Men's Carolina Panthers Pique Xtra-Lite Black Polo