Tim Tebow foundation to build hospital
The Tebow CURE Hospital in Davao City on the island of Mindanao, a particularly poor area of the Philippines, will be a 30-bed surgical facility focusing on orthopedics.
The groundbreaking will be held in January and the $3 million hospital is expected to open in 2013.
Tebow said Tuesday that although he's getting ready for a big game against the New York Jets on Thursday night, "ultimately that (hospital announcement) might be the coolest thing I'm doing this week."
Tebow's parents have been missionaries in the Philippines since 1985.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- 49ers' Smith won't face felony in airport case
- Sherman: 'Dollars' best way to show respect
- Source: Panthers pick up Newton's option
- Kosar: Concussions cost me broadcasting job
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 11 PREVIEW
WEEK 11 PICKS
HOT READ: It's tough to be a DB
HOT BUTTON: No. 1 seed in AFC?
MNF: Chiefs at Patriots, 8:30 ET
- Tim Tebow: On A Mission DVD