Erik Pears signs contract extension
Pears is a seven-year NFL veteran who is in his first full season with the Bills. He's started 13 games at right tackle this season, and is part of a line that's allowed a league-low 17 sacks. He's provided stability to a position that had been in flux before he signed with Buffalo as a free agent last December.
Listed at 6-foot-8 and 314 pounds, the Colorado State product broke into the NFL in 2005 with Denver as an undrafted free agent. Pears played five years with the Broncos before spending the 2009 season in Oakland.
The Bills (5-8) are in the midst of a six-game skid and prepare to host Miami (4-9) on Sunday.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 15 PREVIEW
WEEK 15 PICKS
MNF: Steelers at 49ers, 8:30 ET
HOT READ: Tight Ends
HOT BUTTON: Beating Green Bay
JOHN CLAYTON/ADAM SCHEFTER
MORE COMMENTARY/BLOG POSTS
- New Era Men's Buffalo Bills Salute to Service Knit Hat