Cardinals put Joey Porter on IR
Porter has missed eight games with a knee injury. The 34-year-old former Pittsburgh Steelers star is two sacks shy of 100 for his career. He agreed to take a pay cut, from $5.75 million to $1.75 million to return to the Cardinals for a second season this year.
Arizona elevated linebacker Brandon Williams from the practice squad to take Porter's roster spot. The Cardinals also re-signed running back William Powell to the practice squad.
Porter has been replaced by rookie Sam Acho at right outside linebacker. Acho is second on the team with five sacks and leads the Cardinals with three forced fumbles.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 16 PREVIEW
WEEK 16 PICKS
MNF: Falcons at Saints, 8:30 ET
HOT BUTTON: Non-QB MVP
HOT READ: Booing Santa in Philly
JOHN CLAYTON/ADAM SCHEFTER
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Arizona Cardinals Michael Floyd #15