Aaron Kampman has knee surgery
Interim coach Mel Tucker says Kampman had "some work done to get some things cleaned up."
Kampman tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in practice on Nov. 11, 2010. His recovery was slower than expected, and he only played in three games this season before going on injured reserve for the third consecutive year.
He had the same injury in his left knee in 2009. So Kampman will have missed 28 games over the last three seasons, including 20 since signing a four-year, $25 million contract with the Jaguars in March 2010. It's unclear whether he will remain in Jacksonville next season.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Suspended WR Blackmon arrested for pot
- RG III: Good having coaches 'believe in you'
- Source: Gordon to appeal suspension Aug. 1
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 16 COVERAGE
MNF: Saints 45, Falcons 16
- Rawlings Jacksonville Jaguars Full-Size Autograph Football