Ron Bartell plans return next season
Bartell, the team's top coverage corner, said Monday that doctors have told him there's no extra risk in playing again. He fractured two bones in his neck when he absorbed a block by a Philadelphia Eagles lineman in a 31-13 loss.
While gathering belongings after the Rams wound up a 2-14 season, Bartell said he was healthier than anyone else in the locker room because he played so few snaps. He also pointed out that he was able to walk off the field and never had any lack of sensation.
Bartell was a second-round pick in 2005 and is the second-longest tenured Ram behind running back Steven Jackson.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL to release schedule Wednesday night
- Mara: Expanded NFL playoffs likely out for '14
- Woodley: Raiders 'definitely' a playoff team
- Bills' Marrone had cancerous mole removed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 17 COVERAGE
POLIAN, MORRIS, SPAGNUOLO OUT
BENGALS AT TEXANS (Sat., 4:30 ET)
LIONS AT SAINTS (Sat., 8 ET)
FALCONS AT GIANTS (Sun., 1 ET)
BRONCOS AT STEELERS (Sun., 4:30 ET)
COWBOYS AT REDSKINS (Sun., 8:20 ET)
WEEK 17 COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Atlanta Falcons Steven Jackson #39