Alleged victim sues Rolando McClain
Christian Tapscott of Decatur filed suit Wednesday in Morgan County Circuit Court seeking unspecified punitive and compensatory damages from McClain and Jadarious Willingham.
The suit says Tapscott suffered broken bones, bruises and lacerations. It alleges that McClain "smiled and laughed as he pointed a gun at Mr. Tapscott and Mr. Tapscott begged him not to kill him."
McClain's attorney, Billy C. Burney II, says McClain denies there was a gun involved or that he assaulted Tapscott. Burney contends money "was a motivating factor in the criminal charges being filed."
McClain and Willingham have pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor charges. Trial is scheduled for May.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Source: Packers pessimistic Rodgers will play
- 49ers again take aim at Seahawks' roster
- Fins' Starks gets teased as video goes viral
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2011 NFL PLAYOFFS
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PICKS
HOT READ: Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz
RAVENS AT PATRIOTS, Sun., 3 p.m. ET
GIANTS AT 49ERS, Sun., 6:30 p.m. ET
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Oakland Raiders Black Play Action Hooded Long Sleeve Shirt