Steelers release Bryant McFadden
The Steelers announced the moves -- which according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review will save the team just over $3.5 million against the salary cap -- Wednesday on the their official website.
McFadden started twice for the Steelers in the Super Bowl -- in 2009 against the Arizona Cardinals and 2011 against the Green Bay Packers. McFadden began this past season as a starter, but injuries forced him behind rookies Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown on the depth chart.
Battle did not catch a pass this season but served as a special teams captain the past two years.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Three men stabbed in Broncos' parking lot
- Source: Docs say Pierre-Paul's season done
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
NFL DRAFT ON ESPN
NFL DRAFT PROFILES
HOT BUTTON: KIPER-MCSHAY DEBATES
NFL DRAFT TEAM NEEDS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
MORE NFL DRAFT
- Rico Pittsburgh Steelers Chrome License Plate Frame