Peyton Manning working out at Duke
The spokesman said both are there primarily to visit David Cutcliffe, who was Tennessee's offensive coordinator when both were college quarterbacks.
The cover was blown earlier Thursday when Matt Skura, a Duke football player, posted on Twitter that he was "stretching" next to Manning. The post was later taken down.
Manning has spent the past five months recovering from his third neck surgery in less than two years, and there have been conflicting reports about how much progress the four-time league MVP has made. Manning's doctor has cleared him to resume playing, although Colts owner Jim Irsay says he has not yet passed the team's physical.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
- Mara: Expanded NFL playoffs likely out for '14
- Woodley: Raiders 'definitely' a playoff team
- NFL to release schedule Wednesday night
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
NFL DRAFT ON ESPN
NFL DRAFT PROFILES
HOT BUTTON: KIPER-MCSHAY DEBATES
NFL DRAFT TEAM NEEDS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
MORE NFL DRAFT
- Photo File Denver Broncos Peyton Manning UniFrame