Rey Maualuga charged with assault
Police cited the 25-year-old Maualuga with the misdemeanor count on Friday after investigating allegations by a bar employee that Maualuga punched him in the face early Sunday morning.
Maualuga's arraignment is scheduled for Feb. 17. No attorney was listed for him.
Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the club doesn't comment on unresolved legal matters.
The former Southern Cal star was fined by the NFL two game checks and part of his signing bonus in 2010 after he pleaded guilty to drunken driving charges in northern Kentucky. In that case, he got a suspended seven-day jail sentence, had his driver's license suspended for 90 days, and was sent to an alcohol/drug program.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
- Patriots' Blount: Seahawks D 'not immortal'
- Ex-Patriots RB Tatupu had CTE, family says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
NFL DRAFT ON ESPN
NFL DRAFT PROFILES
HOT BUTTON: KIPER-MCSHAY DEBATES
NFL DRAFT TEAM NEEDS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
MORE NFL DRAFT
- Nike Men's Alternate Game Jersey Cincinnati Bengals Rey Maualuga #58