Jags, Rashean Mathis reach deal
Mathis had started 125 games before tearing his ACL in November. Mathis was playing arguably his best football of the 2011 season, with 12 passes defended and an interception, before the injury.
Mathis, 31, was born and raised in Jacksonville. He was a Pro Bowler in 2006 but has missed games in four of the last five seasons.
Drafted in the second round by the Jaguars in the 2003 draft, Mathis has 30 career interceptions.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
- Source: Texans interviewed Lovie Smith
- McCoy wants Eagles' 'offense on my back'
- Colts punter: Defenseless label a setback
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
NFL DRAFT ON ESPN
NFL DRAFT PROFILES
HOT BUTTON: KIPER-MCSHAY DEBATES
NFL DRAFT TEAM NEEDS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
MORE NFL DRAFT
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Jacksonville Jaguars Paul Posluszny #51