Raiders sign Andre Hardy as TE
The Raiders announced the deal Thursday to bring Hardy in as a tight end. The 25-year-old Hardy hasn't played football since high school.
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Hardy averaged 8.0 points and 6.7 rebounds the past two seasons for the Titans. He previously played two seasons of basketball for Oral Roberts.
Hardy's father, Andre, played parts of three seasons in the NFL as a running back with Philadelphia, Seattle and San Francisco.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
NFL DRAFT ON ESPN
NFL DRAFT PROFILES
HOT BUTTON: KIPER-MCSHAY DEBATES
NFL DRAFT TEAM NEEDS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
MORE NFL DRAFT
- Fathead Carson Palmer Wall Graphic