Saints re-sign John Kasay
The Saints brought Kasay in during the 2011 preseason after Garrett Hartley hurt his leg. Hartley remains with the club and is healthy again, but the addition of Kasay, who turns 43 on Oct. 27, means there will be competition in training camp.
Playing in all 16 of the Saints' 2011 regular season games, Kasay hit 28 of 34 field goal attempts with a long of 53 yards. He also made all 63 extra-point kicks he attempted.
Kasay has appeared in 301 regular season games, successfully converting 461 of 563 (81.9 percent) field goal attempts in his 21-year career. His 1,970 points scored ranks eighth in NFL history.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Three men stabbed in Broncos' parking lot
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
NFL DRAFT ON ESPN
NFL DRAFT PROFILES
HOT BUTTON: KIPER-MCSHAY DEBATES
NFL DRAFT TEAM NEEDS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
MORE NFL DRAFT
- Great American Products New Orleans Saints 2-Piece Logo Rocks Glass Set