Redskins sign Jonathan Goff
Goff was a fifth-round selection by the Giants in 2008. He became a full-time starter in 2010, but he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee shortly before the season opener a year ago and was placed on injured reserve.
The Redskins are projected to start captain London Fletcher and third-year player Perry Riley at inside linebacker in their 3-4 scheme, but the 26-year-old Goff could challenge as an experienced alternative to Riley or could serve as a backup at both spots.
The Redskins announced the signing Monday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NFL DRAFT
MEL KIPER/TODD MCSHAY
DIVISION DRAFT REVIEWS
NFC COLUMNS/BLOG POSTS
AFC COLUMNS/BLOG POSTS
ESPN LOCAL COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Home Elite Jersey New York Giants Jason Pierre-paul #90