Cardinals re-sign OLB Clark Haggans
Haggans has played the past four seasons with Arizona after eight years with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Last year, he started all 16 games with 54 tackles, three sacks, three passes defended, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
Re-signing him adds some veteran experience at a position where Arizona has high hopes for younger players O'Brien Schofield and Sam Acho. The recent signing of defensive end Calais Campbell to a long-term deal cleared salary cap space to re-sign Haggans.
To make room on the roster, the Cardinals released linebacker Broderick Binns.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests
- Brady, Belichick say Seau a lock for HOF
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Arizona Cardinals Carson Palmer #3