Warrant issued for Charles Rogers
The 31-year-old is charged with making a malicious phone call and conspiring to commit that crime on March 5 and 6, and possessing marijuana, possessing an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle and operating a motor vehicle on a suspended or revoked license in December.
The No. 2 overall pick in the 2003 NFL draft was scheduled to attend a pre-trial hearing on Wednesday. MLive.com says Rogers called court officials to tell them he didn't have transportation.
Saginaw County District Judge A.T. Frank gave Rogers until the end of the working day to appear. When Rogers didn't show, the judge issued a bench warrant.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Reports: D-Jax owes Rosenhaus over $500K
- Sharper's attorneys to question Ariz. evidence
- Sources: Jets, ex-Titans RB Johnson agree
- Peyton ready to move on from Super Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- '47 Brand Men's Detroit Lions Blue Clean-Up Adjustable Hat