Ben Roethlisberger expecting son
PITTSBURGH -- Big Ben's going to be a big daddy.
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and wife, Ashley, are expecting a son later this year. Roethlisberger released the news on his official website Saturday afternoon.
Roethlisberger posted: "It is truly a blessing and we are so excited!"
The Roethlisbergers were married just more than a year ago in a small enclave north of Pittsburgh in a quiet ceremony attended by a sizable contingent from the organization.
It's been a busy offseason for Roethlisberger, who turned 30 in March and graduated from Miami (Ohio) last month with a bachelor's degree in education. He is expected to join the team for mandatory minicamp next week.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Ben Roethlisberger Jersey - Home Game Pittsburgh Steelers