Dontay Moch suspended 4 games
CINCINNATI -- Bengals linebacker Dontay Moch has been suspended for the first four games of the season because he violated the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
It's another significant setback for a player who has yet to get into a game.
The Bengals drafted him in the third round out of Nevada in 2011. He injured a foot during the preseason, then came down with an illness and was inactive for all 16 regular season games and a playoff loss to Houston. The Bengals also were disappointed with his progress in practice.
Moch can participate in Cincinnati's offseason workouts, training camp and preseason games. Once the season starts, he won't be allowed to be with the team for the first four weeks.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- NFL Team Apparel Youth Cincinnati Bengals Team Print Black Jersey Pants