Alonzo Spellman released from jail
TULSA, Okla. -- Former NFL defensive lineman Alonzo Spellman has been released from the Tulsa County Jail after pleading no contest to a variety of charges.
Online court records indicate Spellman pleaded no contest Monday to 10 counts filed in 2008. They include two felonies -- eluding a police officer and assault with a dangerous weapon -- and misdemeanors including obstructing an officer and public intoxication.
Spellman was sentenced to one year in jail and was released after receiving credit for time already served.
Spellman's attorney, David Phillips, did not immediately return a call seeking comment but has said Spellman has a mental illness.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut Pro-Bowler Ware; Broncos next?
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Chicago Bears Legend Logo Navy V-Neck T-Shirt