Saints waive Greg Romeus
Romeus, who spent last season on injured reserve rehabilitating a right knee injury, will be eligible for the Saints' injured reserve list again if he clears waivers.
Assistant head coach Joe Vitt has said the Saints will support Romeus, a 2011 seventh-round draft pick out of Pittsburgh, throughout his rehabilitation from torn left knee ligaments. The injury occurred during offseason practices this month.
The 6-foot-3, 250-pound Robinson is an undrafted rookie out of Jackson State who had spent part of the offseason with the New York Jets.
Robinson started 31 games at Jackson State, finishing his college career with 181 tackles and 30 sacks.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel will work out for Browns
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's New Orleans Saints Black Franchise Fitted Hat