Andre Rison receives sentence
PHOENIX -- Former NFL receiver Andre Rison was sentenced on Monday in federal district court in Phoenix to five years' probation and more than $300,000 in restitution for not paying child support.
The Arizona Republic reports that the indictment accused Rison of failing to pay more than $10,000 between August 2008 to August 2011.
The indictment says the due date for his payments had passed about three years ago. Court documents say his 13-year-old child lived in Phoenix at the time the payments were due.
A federal official says Rison also is expected to continue monthly child support payments of close to $2,350.
Rison played 13 seasons in the NFL with seven teams. Most of his best seasons came with the Atlanta Falcons. He made five Pro Bowl appearances.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- Broncos' visits to Bama catch NFL's attention
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Atlanta Falcons 'Falcons Country' Street Sign