Sean Taylor slaying: Trial date set
Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Dennis Murphy on Thursday set the murder trial of Eric Rivera Jr. for Nov. 5. The trial was delayed after Rivera fired his attorney.
Rivera is one of five defendants from the Fort Myers area who are accused of killing Taylor during a robbery at the player's Miami-Dade County home. Four have pleaded not guilty and are being tried separately. Each faces a possible life sentence if convicted.
A fifth man previously pleaded guilty to murder and burglary and is likely to testify against the others.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers tops Watt, collects 2nd MVP award
- Seau, Bettis, Shields among 8 in HOF class
- Cardinals' Arians wins 2nd coach of year honor
- Watt 1st unanimous DPOY; Murray honored
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Toddler Robert Griffin Iii Jersey - Home Game Washington Redskins