Jaguars waive Brandon Coutu
The Jaguars signed Coutu in May, bringing him to serve as the team's kicker while negotiating with Scobee. The Jags used the franchise tag on Scobee and signed him to a four-year, $14 million deal Monday.
With Scobee under contract heading into training camp next week, Jacksonville had little use for Coutu.
Coutu played in the regular-season finale last year for Buffalo and converted three extra points. He missed his lone field-goal attempt. Coutu also spent time with Seattle in 2008. He played college ball at Georgia.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Bengals extend Lewis' contract through '15
- Lions retain Pettigrew with 4-year contract
- Sources: Ravens keep LB Smith for $16.1M
- Titans, Woodyard agree to multiyear contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- GameWear Jacksonville Jaguars NFL Classic Team Football Keychain