Chargers release Luis Castillo
The seven-year veteran was a standout for the Chargers for much of his career, starting 79 of the 82 games he played, with 276 tackles, including 43 for a loss, and 19 sacks.
But he broke his left leg in the 2011 season opener and didn't play again.
A first-round draft pick in 2005, Castillo signed a one-year, $1 million contract with the Chargers in April after visiting Kansas City and New England. Now he is an ex-Charger.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Alternate Limited Jersey San Diego Chargers Philip Rivers #17