Dre Kirkpatrick (leg) out 2-4 weeks
Kirkpatrick is not expected to undergo surgery.
Kirkpatrick was expected to challenge for one of the starting cornerback spots, especially with the uncertain status of Leon Hall (Achilles injury). Now, Kirkpatrick could miss the start of the regular season.
Kirkpatrick, the 17th overall pick in the NFL draft, reportedly was hurt preparing for camp. The Bengals could place him on the non-football injury list and not pay him for the time he is out.
Kirkpatrick confirmed his injury Tuesday night on Twitter, saying, "I'm sorry about my injury and im going to try my best to get back and help the team to get to a Super Bowl and once again I'm sorry."
Information from ESPN.com's Jamison Hensley was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL mulls fine for Lynch's hat, sources say
- Lynch to media: 'You know why I'm here'
- Pats' Wilfork: Belichick has 'soft heart' now
- Super week: Sherman awaiting son's birth
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Youth Home Limited Jersey Cincinnati Bengals Andy Dalton #14