Chargers sign QB Kyle Boller
Boller, a first-round pick of the Baltimore Ravens in the 2003 draft, played the past two seasons with the Oakland Raiders. Last year for Oakland, Boller played in two games, completing 15 of 28 passes for 161 yards and three interceptions.
Boller is expected to provide insurance at QB to the Chargers, who lost Charlie Whitehurst on Thursday when he rolled his left leg during a practice session.
According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Billy Volek, who had been the Chargers' backup from 2006-12, turned down a contract offer from the team Thursday.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
- Former QB McNabb spends day in jail for DUI
- Source: Watt has 5th-year option exercised
- Ravens activate LB McClain from reserve list
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey San Diego Chargers Philip Rivers #17