Bills WR David Nelson to test knee
Nelson said he plans to work out on his own Saturday and also during the Bills' day off Sunday. If all goes well, he expects to return to practice Monday.
The Bills have only two full practices scheduled next week before opening their preseason at home Thursday against Washington.
Nelson has been out since July 28, three days into training camp. He was pushed down during a team drill and had defensive end Mario Williams roll up on his right leg.
The third-year player finished second on the Bills with 61 catches for 658 yards last season. He scored five touchdowns.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
- Source: Jags to meet with Bridgewater again
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Home Limited Jersey Buffalo Bills Mario Williams #94