Lineman Marcus McNeill to retire
A neck injury will prevent the 28-year-old McNeill from playing again, Keels said.
McNeill played six seasons in San Diego, where he signed a six-year, $48.895 million deal before he was released last March.
McNeill injured his neck during a loss to the Oakland Raiders on Nov. 10 last season. He was placed on season-ending injured reserve later that month.
A two-time Pro Bowler, McNeill was a second-round draft pick of the Chargers in 2006 out of Auburn. He will finish his career with 82 starts and two fumble recoveries.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL mulls fine for Lynch's hat, sources say
- Lynch to media: 'You know why I'm here'
- Ex-QB Blake: Deflating footballs common
- Broncos hire Phillips as defensive coordinator
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Darren Mcfadden Jersey - Home Game Oakland Raiders