Ex-wideout Sam Hurd arrested
SAN ANTONIO -- Former NFL wide receiver Sam Hurd has been arrested in San Antonio after federal officials say he tested positive for marijuana use.
Using illegal drugs would violate the terms of Hurd's $100,000 bond that kept him free pending his federal drug conspiracy trial. That trial was to have begun in Dallas on Monday but has been postponed until Oct. 9.
Hurd is a former Chicago Bears and Dallas Cowboys player. He and others are accused of trying to buy large quantities of marijuana and cocaine to launch a drug-distribution network. The 26-year-old Hurd was arrested last December outside a Chicago-area steakhouse, and he was cut shortly afterward by the Bears.
Hurd has pleaded not guilty. Messages left with his attorneys Thursday were not returned.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Peyton may decide to return soon
- Sources: NFL probes Falcons' fake crowd noise
- Hernandez murder trial delayed by weather
- Sources: Jets, Bills eye Revis in free agency
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Salute To Service Limited Jersey Chicago Bears Brandon Marshall #15