Bengals waive WR Jordan Shipley
CINCINNATI -- The Bengals have waived receiver Jordan Shipley, who was limited in training camp while he recovered from reconstructive knee surgery.
Shipley was Cincinnati's starting slot receiver before he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Sept. 18. He wasn't cleared to practice fully until July 30. A third-round pick in 2010, he had one catch for 4 yards in the Bengals' two preseason games.
The Bengals also waived kicker Thomas Weber on Friday. Kicker Mike Nugent signed a one-year tender offer as the team's franchise player in April. He was bothered by a sore hamstring at the start of training camp, giving Weber a chance to kick.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks to host Packers in season opener
- Giants-Lions, Chargers-Cards to open MNF
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
- Woodley: Raiders 'definitely' a playoff team
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Alternate Game Jersey Cincinnati Bengals Andy Dalton #14