Gerald McRath to have knee surgery
The three-year veteran tried to play through the injury during training camp, but coach Mike Munchak said Sunday that McRath had decided to have the surgery.
McRath says he aggravated his knee Aug. 6, when the Titans practiced against Atlanta in Georgia. The linebacker had tried to rest his knee, but he says he couldn't run well and didn't want to hold back his teammates.
The Titans drafted the 6-foot-3, 228-pound McRath in the fourth round out of Southern Mississippi in 2009. He played on special teams and in passing situations on defense in 2011.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Source: Garvin fined $25K for hit on Huber
- Flacco to wear knee brace against Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- NFL Team Apparel Youth Tennessee Titans Chris Johnson Light Blue T-Shirt