Andrew Luck to play into 2nd half
INDIANAPOLIS -- Andrew Luck is likely to see his most extensive playing time of the preseason at Washington.
Colts coach Chuck Pagano says he plans to play most of his starters, including Luck, into the second half Saturday afternoon.
Luck played almost the entire half in the preseason opener against St. Louis and the first two quarters Sunday night at Pittsburgh. He even led the Colts to a field goal as time expired in the first half Sunday before going to the bench in the second half.
Pagano's plan is to use his starters until halftime, make adjustments and send the Colts' starters back out to see how they adjust.
The third preseason game is traditionally when starters play longest.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
- Megatron to show Elam 'old man's strength'
- Redskins: RG III still starter entering 2014
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Salute to Service Game Jersey - Indianapolis Colts Andrew Luck #12