Sidney Rice to make debut Friday
Coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday that Rice is ahead of schedule in his recovery from offseason surgery on both shoulders and will get a little bit of playing time against the Chiefs. Rice has not played in a game since Week 12 of last season when he suffered a concussion and was placed on injured reserve.
Quarterback Matt Flynn was rested during practice on Wednesday, but is expected to play against the Chiefs.
Carroll also said defensive back Roy Lewis will have knee surgery, but it's unclear how serious the injury is or how long he might be out.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Rodgers has idea of status, but not saying
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Seattle Seahawks Sidney Rice #18