Jaguars activate Maurice Jones-Drew
The Jaguars had a roster exemption for Jones-Drew, who ended a 38-day holdout last Sunday. He is expected to play in Sunday's season opener at Minnesota.
Toston, a four-year letterman at Oklahoma State, spent the 2010 season with St. Louis. He signed with Jacksonville in August, carrying 22 times for 171 yards and a touchdown in the preseason.
He had been competing with Jalen Parmele for a roster spot. Both made the 53-man roster, but only because Jones-Drew had not reported.
The Jaguars ended up keeping Parmele over Toston mostly because of special teams.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Bucs' Goldson says rep as dirty 'ridiculous'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Antigua Men's Jacksonville Jaguars Leader Quarter-Zip Black Pullover