Steve Smith leaves, then returns
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith was carted off the field with an apparent leg injury but returned to the game in the third quarter Sunday against the New Orleans Saints.
Smith went down with 8:17 remaining in the quarter after getting tangled up with New Orleans cornerback Patrick Robinson, who was called for pass interference on the play.
Smith returned to the sideline with five minutes left in the quarter and re-entered the game.
Smith was dealing with a knee injury in the days leading into the game and was listed as questionable. It's not clear if the injury is to the same knee.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Jets, ex-Titans RB Johnson agree
- Peyton ready to move on from Super Bowl
- Source: QB Freeman, Giants agree to deal
- Source: WR Rice, Seahawks agree to deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 2 COVERAGE
MNF: FALCONS 27, BRONCOS 21
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Riddell New Orleans Saints Revolution Speed Mini Helmet