Alex Smith has concussion
Smith was injured in the fourth quarter after he caught a short pass over the middle and was struck in the head by the knee of a Bengals tackler. The 30-year-old Smith walked off the field under his own power, but was taken by ambulance to a Cincinnati hospital. His agent, Kevin Robinson, said Smith was checked and released and driven back to Cleveland by car.
The Browns (0-2) said Smith is listed as day to day.
Smith had four catches for 30 yards in Cleveland's 34-27 loss. He is in his third season with the Browns.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Peyton may decide to return soon
- Sources: NFL probes Falcons' fake crowd noise
- Sources: Jets, Bills eye Revis in free agency
- Sources: Lions seen as favorites to keep Suh
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 2 COVERAGE
MNF: FALCONS 27, BRONCOS 21
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Nike Men's Home Limited Jersey Cincinnati Bengals Andy Dalton #14