Chad Johnson gets probation
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Former NFL wide receiver Chad Johnson has pleaded no contest to a domestic violence charge involving his then-wife, reality TV star Evelyn Lozada.
Johnson was sentenced Friday to a year's probation and a counseling course under a plea deal with prosecutors. Johnson also must pay Lozada unspecified restitution.
The six-time Pro Bowl player long known as Chad Ochocinco was arrested in August after Lozada said he head-butted her during an argument. She quickly filed for divorce, which was finalized earlier this week. They had only been married since July 4.
Lozada is on the "Basketball Wives" TV show.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks CB Lane leaves for arm after INT
- Seahawks SS Chancellor wearing knee brace
- Super Bowl XLIX tickets most expensive ever
- Sources: Peyton may decide to return soon
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Miami Dolphins Brian Hartline #82