Bills S Jairus Byrd expected to play
Coach Chan Gailey anticipates Byrd will play Sunday. He added on Friday that the player's progress was better than anticipated after the injury prevented Byrd from practicing Wednesday.
Byrd had a game-closing interception, and did not miss a play in a 35-17 win over Kansas City on Sunday despite sustaining the injury before the game.
Bills starting linebacker Nick Barnett returned to practice Friday, a day after being held out because of a knee injury. Barnett will be listed as probable.
Buffalo (1-1) has lost eight straight road games dating to last season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Mario Williams Wall Graphic