Bills S Jairus Byrd expected to play
Coach Chan Gailey anticipates Byrd will play Sunday. He added on Friday that the player's progress was better than anticipated after the injury prevented Byrd from practicing Wednesday.
Byrd had a game-closing interception, and did not miss a play in a 35-17 win over Kansas City on Sunday despite sustaining the injury before the game.
Bills starting linebacker Nick Barnett returned to practice Friday, a day after being held out because of a knee injury. Barnett will be listed as probable.
Buffalo (1-1) has lost eight straight road games dating to last season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Source: Manziel works out for Browns brass
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Buffalo Bills Royal Focus Long Sleeve Shirt