Jim Brown meets Jimmy Haslam III
CLEVELAND -- Browns Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown says he had a "fantastic" meeting with presumptive owner Jimmy Haslam III and discussed a potential future role with the team.
Brown says he and Haslam met for nearly an hour Saturday night. Brown, at odds with his former team for two years after being relieved from his role as a senior adviser for owner Randy Lerner, says he wants to be "an asset" to Haslam. Brown adds he also had a positive meeting with team president Mike Holmgren.
Brown is at Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills; former teammate Ernie Green is being inducted into the team's legends club. It's the first time Brown attended a team function since his dismissal.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 3 COVERAGE
- The Highland Mint Cleveland Browns Framed Memories Photo Mint