Austin Collie out with knee injury
INDIANAPOLIS -- Colts receiver Austin Collie has left the Jacksonville game with a right knee injury early in the third quarter.
Collie was injured as he caught Andrew Luck's pass over the middle for a 6-yard again. He appeared to get hit in the head, raising immediate fears of yet another concussion. The crowd gasped when Collie stayed on the ground.
The former Brigham Young star has had at least three concussions, and possibly a fourth, over the past two seasons and had not played since sustaining his most recent concussion Aug. 19 at Pittsburgh.
But those gasps changed to cheers when team doctors helped the receiver off the field as he put no weight on his right leg.
It was Collie's only catch Sunday. He was not expected to return.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- NFL to look at big changes for replay system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 3 COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Indianapolis Colts Blue Coaches Sideline 2013 Performance Polo Shirt