Austin Collie ruptured knee tendon
Collie was injured during the second half of the 22-17 loss to Jacksonville after catching a short pass over the middle. Initially, the fear was that Collie may have sustained another concussion. He has been diagnosed with three concussions over the past 22½ months and left another game during that span with what team officials described as "concussion-like symptoms."
So when Collie grabbed his head Sunday, many fans and some teammates feared the worst. Collie then reached for his right knee. An MRI on Monday confirmed the bad news.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Zimmer hire energized 'unhappy' Peterson
- Bad hair day: Skins rookie regrets new 'do
- Source: Giants unsure if Wilson can return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 3 COVERAGE
- Northwest Indianapolis Colts Cooling Towel