Austin Collie ruptured knee tendon
Collie was injured during the second half of the 22-17 loss to Jacksonville after catching a short pass over the middle. Initially, the fear was that Collie may have sustained another concussion. He has been diagnosed with three concussions over the past 22½ months and left another game during that span with what team officials described as "concussion-like symptoms."
So when Collie grabbed his head Sunday, many fans and some teammates feared the worst. Collie then reached for his right knee. An MRI on Monday confirmed the bad news.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Three men stabbed in Broncos' parking lot
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 3 COVERAGE
- New Era Women's Indianapolis Colts Breast Cancer Awareness Knit Hat