Adrian Clayborn's season over
Clayborn, a first-round pick last year, suffered a right knee injury in Sunday's loss to Dallas.
But there is hope on the horizon. Defensive end Da'Quan Bowers, a second-round pick last year, is on the physically unable to perform list and is eligible to begin practicing after the season's sixth week. Bowers suffered a torn Achilles tendon in May, but the Bucs have said his rehabilitation is ahead of schedule and general manager Mark Dominik previously expressed optimism Bowers might be able to play late in the season.
Clayborn had 7½ sacks as a rookie and was in on two tackles this season.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 3 COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Tampa Bay Buccaneers Vincent Jackson #83