Bengals sign S Chris Crocker
CINCINNATI -- The Bengals signed free agent Chris Crocker on Thursday, bringing back a veteran who can help solve some of their problems at safety.
The Bengals (2-1) have made several switches at safety in the opening games. Their defense ranks 29th in the league heading into a game Sunday at Jacksonville (1-2).
Crocker signed with the Bengals during the 2008 season and became a mainstay. He started all 16 games last season as well as a playoff loss at Houston. The Bengals released him on April 6.
Cincinnati released tight end Donald Lee to open a roster spot. Lee was inactive for the first three games of the season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel works out for Browns brass
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 4 COVERAGE
Fantasy Football on ESPN.com
Clayton's Last Call | NFL Nation blog
Total QBR ratings
WEEK 4 PICKS
MNF: Bears at Cowboys, 8:30 ET
On ESPN and WatchESPN.com
CLAYTON / FOX / SCHEFTER
STATS & INFO
2013 NFL DRAFT
- '47 Brand Men's Cincinnati Bengals Black Clean-Up Adjustable Hat