Kevin Kolb's wife has baby
On Wednesday evening, shortly after the quarterback finished practice, his wife, Whitney, gave birth to Saylor Kolb, who weighs 8 pounds, 11 ounces, and is 20 inches long. As Kolb put it, "another power forward for the Kolb family."
It was a relief to Cardinals fans, who were concerned Kolb might miss Sunday's game against Miami. Kolb relieved injured starter John Skelton in the season opener and has led Arizona to its first 3-0 start in 38 years.
It is the Kolbs' third child, with the oldest 3½ years old.
Kolb says the birth went smoothly. As he said, "It was quick and easy -- for me anyway."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts, CFL WR Carter near deal, source says
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- Report: 'Deflategate' probe seeks Ivy consult
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 4 COVERAGE
Fantasy Football on ESPN.com
Clayton's Last Call | NFL Nation blog
Total QBR ratings
WEEK 4 PICKS
MNF: Bears at Cowboys, 8:30 ET
On ESPN and WatchESPN.com
CLAYTON / FOX / SCHEFTER
STATS & INFO
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Arizona Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald #11