T.J. Ward back at practice
Ward had a protective cast on his hand as the Browns worked out Thursday. It was his first time back on the field since breaking his thumb last week in a loss at Baltimore.
Ward underwent surgery earlier this week and had screws and plates inserted into his thumb. Ward's backup Ray Ventrone recently sustained a similar injury.
If both are out this week, rookie Josh Gordon could have a larger role in Cleveland's game plan. Offensive coordinator Brad Childress said Gordon, a second-round pick in the supplemental draft, had his best practice of the season Wednesday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 5 COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Cleveland Browns Donte Whitner #31