Jaguars sign Michael Spurlock
Spurlock has played in 46 games during stints with Arizona, Tampa Bay, San Francisco and San Diego. He has two kickoff returns for touchdowns, one punt return for a score and 23 receptions for 294 yards and two touchdowns. The Jaguars will be without receiver Laurent Robinson (concussion) for Sunday's game against Chicago, so Spurlock provides an extra body at the position. He also could upgrade Jacksonville's special teams, which have done little in kickoff and punt returns.
Davis signed with Jacksonville as an undrafted rookie in May and spent four weeks on the practice squad.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Three men stabbed in Broncos' parking lot
- Source: Docs say Pierre-Paul's season done
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 5 COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Jacksonville Jaguars Black Legend Logo T-Shirt