Jaguars sign Michael Spurlock
Spurlock has played in 46 games during stints with Arizona, Tampa Bay, San Francisco and San Diego. He has two kickoff returns for touchdowns, one punt return for a score and 23 receptions for 294 yards and two touchdowns. The Jaguars will be without receiver Laurent Robinson (concussion) for Sunday's game against Chicago, so Spurlock provides an extra body at the position. He also could upgrade Jacksonville's special teams, which have done little in kickoff and punt returns.
Davis signed with Jacksonville as an undrafted rookie in May and spent four weeks on the practice squad.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Source: Manziel works out for Browns brass
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 5 COVERAGE
- Little Earth Jacksonville Jaguars Cross-Body Black Sheen Purse